Tasting Room Staff / Beer Server
This position is responsible for ensuring that customers have a positive and memorable experience at Fore River Brewing Company.
The candidate must have a passion for craft beer and for learning the details of the beers we produce and our general business operations.
Responsibilities include: Greeting customers promptly and courteously; guiding customers to beers they enjoy; setting up and cleaning up daily operations and special events; stocking beer and retail merchandise in the tasting room; accurately performing daily keg inventory and money handling procedures to meet the needs of that shift. Promotes the sale of beer and non-beer products sold in the Tasting Room.
Describes beers, beermaking techniques, beer and brand history and provides general tourist information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Excellent people skills; able to project a friendly and helpful manner at all times
- Able to perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Able to be responsive and flexible at last minute requests
- Greets all visitors to the brewery and pours beer for tasting
- Effectively suggests and sells beer to customers
- Describes beer and brewery history to customers
- Answers visitor's questions and able to provide general tourist information
- Open to working on site special events after hours if needed
- Open to working other special events off property when needed
- Handles routine purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register
- Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of the brewery and our beer
- Work in a team environment and open to performing other duties as assigned
- This position reports directly to the tasting room Manager
- May be assigned other tasks or be asked to participate in other activities both on site and off site as needed.
- Candidate must possess a TIPS or Servesafe certification or be able to get one before hire.
- Candidate must possess or successfully complete Cicerone Level 1 certification within 90 days of hire
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or qualified experience required
- Retail experience a plus
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend for up to 8 hours a day
- Weekends, holidays and evenings required
This position will not become a production opportunity in the brew house.
Fore River Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer
Email a resume & cover letter to email@example.com
This posting is active for 30 days - August 28th 2017